:: Top 5 Best Proposal Tips ::
You’ve met the one special person you want to spend the rest of your life with. Do you just plop down on one knee and pop the big question, or do you give the proposal some thought and make a creative effort geared to the two of you? Here are MRSter’s top 5 best proposal tips…
- Think about what your loved one likes and form the proposal around that. What is your loved one into, what does he or she enjoy doing, and build your proposal from that beginning.
- Choose a location that is a favorite for both of you. Be it a picnic spot, a favorite restaurant, a hiking trail, a beach, or a vacation spot that you particularly enjoyed. This can even be a new place that you both have an interest in like a museum, or a zoo, or a garden. Just think in terms of a comfortable, romantic and beautiful spot.
- Decorate! Even if you are out in public, arrange to have some flowers present, or special lighting, or anything else to make the occasion magical.
- Speak from the heart. Know what you are going to say. You can even write it down to practice with, but for heaven’s sake don’t read your proposal. Tell him or her about the love in your heart and why you feel that love. Make it personal. Why do you want to spend the rest of your life with your loved one? don’t be afraid to get mushy or cry.
- Hire a photographer. A skilled photographer will know how to discretely capture the moment. Then you’ll have memories in print to treasure forever.
Whatever you decide to do, and however you decide to do it, make your proposal uniquely about the two of you. Be yourself, don’t stress, and let the ideas flow.
And of course, we would love you to share your proposal stories and pictures with us! You can submit to our Brag Mag here.